Productivity Tip #1: To Do Lists


As a creative entrepreneur I'm all over the place. I'm constantly in the middle of a project and I'll think of something cool, like doing a daily blog posting for one week on a food tour with insane and epic activities. For instance, riding a hot air balloon into a vineyard, for a concert. Epic, right? Now how to do that for a week's worth of posts? Already I'm off on a tangent. So you may be asking, how do I stay on task and productive with so much going on in my head? Notebooks and 3x5 cards for my lists.

I have learned to write everything down. Shocker, I know since I'm a writer. But this really works. I even carry a notebook of various sizes in every pocket, bag or compartment. My main notebook has a 3x5 card for my to do list. I narrow down all of these thoughts to the top three and put those on the card. Between each task I take a break, which I'll cover in another future post.

To Do Lists with my priorities spelled out and a notebook nearby so I don't forget other ideas that crop up make my day definable and keep me focused on the tasks at hand. I also set timers on my phone so I don't lose track of time and take too long or forget to do things like eat. Making each item very specific also makes larger projects easier to manage and more visibly results oriented in how much of the day has been accomplished and not wasted chatting with the person to me or texting.

So for those fellow entrepreneurs with goals in mind, set out to get things done need ideas on how to plan and execute the plan effectively, consider a prioritized to do list. Maybe the technique could help you reach your goals even sooner than you might think.

Interested in finding out more about writing for a living and what that could mean for you? Subscribe to my blog and never miss an update on the writer's life, work, tips and more!

Thanks for reading!

The Scribbler

Comments

Popular Posts